To repeat something I wrote earlier this week: What was I thinking?!?!!
Less than 24 hours to go to race start and this is when it all feels too real. Nerves, both in a good way and a bad way if you let yourself melt down that way, really take centre field today. But, there are things to be done in order for tomorrow’s race. Here’s the plan:
1. 30 minute ride on race course done first thing, before breakfast. I just want to get it done, make sure the bike is working fine, the computer is charged and reading the power meter and the repair kit is stocked. My standard prerace ride is 30 minutes with five 30-second all out efforts with full recovery in between.
2. Breakfast with coffee, of course.
3. Pack bike and run gear bags for drop off with the bike at the assigned time. My drop off time was noon to 1PM.
4. Easy walk to race site with bike and gear bags.
5. Drop off bike. I was earlier than my selected time but there was no line up so they were letting us in for drop off as we arrived.
6. Short 15 minute run along the the lake, taking in the layout of the swim course and the run start.
7. Drop off bike and run gear bags.
8. Buy and eat more food.
9. Nap, knit and chill.
10. Eat more food.
11. COVID test. This is a new pre-race step but a necessary one.
12. Drink something and hope sleep comes in little bits at least. Tomorrow is the big show.
I am trying not to spiral, not to panic, not to cry. I will try to sleep. I am so, so looking forward to getting this show on the road and seeing what this body can do.
I am hopeful.
I am well-trained but is it enough?
I can do this but it’s going to hurt.
Less than 12 hours to go to race start. Yikes!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
October 04, 2022
Funny, that sounds a lot like my day other than the bike, run and bike drop off…. I was part of the rest and know you got this!!